Canada High School (COS) is a private secondary school (grade 9 to 12) in the Province of Ontario, Canada registered with the Ministry of Education with BSID #886512, and most recently passed an inspection to grant credits toward the Ontario Secondary School Diploma in July 2019. COS is a completely online and virtual school which allows learners to complete courses from anywhere with a computer or phone and Internet connection, which also offers offline support through our partner schools.
As an online school, our goal is to enable every student’s success by providing effective, accessible, and recognized learning experiences. Our mission is to make world-class secondary school education available to as many students as possible around the world, no matter the circumstances they find themselves in. We are here to remove barriers and enable students to achieve success in their academic and future professional careers.
We emphasize the model of the Flipped Classroom, allowing our teachers to act primarily as resources supporting the students while the student retains the initiative and control over their own learning, focusing the learning opportunities efficiently when teacher and student interact. Students are able to access their course content 24/7 and learn at their own pace, using a variety of interactive content to enhance their learning, in ways that only a technology-based learning experience can accomplish.
In particular, we identify the following types of students that would benefit most from our program:
- students who cannot physically attend school due to conflicts with other commitments during normal school hours. At COS, such students will meet no conflict because they can study whenever they want.
- students who require courses which their own school was unable to schedule for them in the time slots they needed. At COS, such students will have no difficulty scheduling because our courses can be entered into at any time and our classes are not limited in size to a physical classroom.
- students who need to take courses either in less time or more time than the regular school semester. At COS, such students can complete courses in as little as 2 months, or as long as 12 months, which will allow them to meet university/college deadlines for required courses, or go on extended trips to pursue valuable extracurricular activities.
In addition, COS is pleased to serve foreign students who will find our program especially suitable for the following reasons:
- students will not need to move countries and incur the associated expenses of living in a new location
- students who are minors will not need to leave the comfort and protection of their home or parents to attend school
- students will be able to continue studies in their domestic system concurrently with COS, allowing them to achieve the top grades they deserve without language unfamiliarity artificially suppressing their achievement. They can start with a few courses and gradually add more COS courses as their language mastery grows through ESL.
- students who come from less fortunate families and less developed economies will be able to learn world-class curricula and receive internationally recognized credits on a minimal tuition fee, which COS is able to offer due to our lower costs as an online school. Their families can save their money for when the students are accepted to prestigious universities in North America which all recognize the OSSD.